Carve the best pumpkin on the block!
- Learn carving techniques that bring out pumpkin personalities by creating three-dimensional faces
- 2 step-by-step projects to help you get started
- 24 ready-to-use patterns for carving imaginative faces
- Start with solid pumpkins, gourds, squash, or sweet potatoes—no hollowing necessary
- Get inspired with a gorgeous colorful gallery of realistic pumpkin art
Make Halloween magic this year by carving realistic pumpkins!
This book will show you how to use easy-to-learn techniques to create awesome "3D" pumpkin personalities that will astonish your neighbors, family, and friends. Learn the secrets of bringing expressive pumpkin characters to life by adding realistic details like teeth and eyes—instead of just cutting out solid shapes—so you can create your own one-of-a-kind Halloween pumpkins.
Award-winning pumpkin carver Lundy Cupp teaches you how to use simple household knives and inexpensive tools to carve memorable pumpkin faces, from frightful and spooky to fanciful and goofy. He takes you step-by-step through detailed projects for both beginning and advanced carvers.
Twenty-four ready-to-use patterns are included for carving imaginative faces in pumpkins, gourds, squashes, and sweet potatoes, plus two complete step-by-step projects, and a stunning photo gallery for inspiration.